The arch in the spirit of the imperial architecture of Ancient Rome is a sign of the glory of the Soviet people, the winner of the Great Patriotic War.
The arch, like the famous Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, opens the Central Alley - the main axis of the exhibition city, which embodied the triumph of the Great Victory and the first successes in the post-war revival of the country.
At the top of the arch, “Tractor Driver and Collective Farm Girl” raises to a 32-meter high colossus - an allegory of heavy industry and agriculture.
The architect is Innokenty Melchakov. In 1939, he took part in the design of the Soviet pavilion at the World Exhibition in New York.
A completely creative team worked on the sculpture "Tractor Driver and Collective Farm Girl", which gained fame as the emblem of the Exhibition.