The Paveletskaya metro station was opened on January 1, 1950 as a part of the first section of the Koltsevaya Line - Park Kultury – Kurskaya The Ground Pavilion "Paveletskaya" is located in the basement and the first two floors of a residential building at the corner of Zatsepsky shaft and Novokuznetskaya Street.
The entrance has a spacious loggia with a monumental arcade. The spherical arch of the escalator hall has a mosaic frieze.
The dome is decorated with rosettes with stars, in the center there is a fake window. Above the escalator arch is a mosaic panel “Red Square” with the image of a mausoleum, the Spassky Tower, the Pokrovsky Cathedral (without crosses), placed in a beautiful cast bronze frame. On the dead-end wall in the platform hall there is a mosaic “Worker and Kolkhoz Woman”. Earlier in place of this panel was a medallion with the image of Lenin and Stalin.