The station was built in 1944. At that time its name was Ismailovskaya. In 1963 the name was changed to Ismailovsky Park, which was later changed again in 2007.
The design of the station is dedicated to the theme of the partisan movement during the Great Patriotic War. At the columns near the exit, there are sculptures of partisans Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya and 80-year-old peasant Matvey Kuzmin, who led the German detachment to the swamps.
Above the middle path there are niches in the station ceiling. After the opening of the station, there were lamps and frescoes in them, but they have not survived to this day. The walls are lined with white and red marble.
Before Great Patriotic War, a huge “Stadium of Nations” was supposed to be built near the station. In order to avoid crowds on the platforms, three tracks were built. But, for several reasons, the construction of the stadium was frozen. Today, only two station tracks are used.