Exploring around Moscow, be sure to take the time to walk at the Gogolevsky Boulevard - one of the most beautiful and historically valuable places in the capital.
The current name of the boulevard was given in 1924 during the celebrations of the 125th anniversary of the famous Russian writer N.V. Gogol.
Each side of the boulevard has its own aesthetics, its own character, and its own individuality.
For example, an old mansion №5, was built for the State Councilor Sekretarev. Later the house was occupied by the architect Ton, who led the construction of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. In the 40s of the 20th century, Vasily Stalin's family lived in this house.
The house №23, attracts tourists with stained glass tiles, located between the windows of the fifth floor. A little further in one of the courtyards you can see the small church of Apostle Philip, built in the 17th century.
The even side of Gogolevsky Boulevard is famous for the fact that practically in every house here famous people either lived or stayed.
So, in the house №2 AS Pushkin often spent time, and the house №6 was built specifically for the mayor S.M. Tretyakov, brother of the famous patron P.M. Tretyakov.
In 1929-1930, the House of Artists was built here, on the project of which a group of architects worked.
A striking example of Moscow classicism is the mansion №10. Initially, the famous Decembrist M. Naryshkin lived and was later arrested there. Today there is a marble board on the house, which was installed in memory of the Decembrists who gathered here.
Passing a little further, house №14, which now is the Central Chess Club. And in the 19th century, this building was the center of the musical life of Moscow. Shaliapin, Rachmaninov, Glazunov visited the house.
The monument to Gogol is a symbol of Gogolevsly Boulevard. Almost at the end of The Boulevard there is a monument to M. Sholokhov, the project of which was designed by sculptor A. Rukavishnikov.
You can get to the Gogolevsly Boulevard from the side of Metro station Kropotkinskaya, or from the side of metro Station Arbatskaya.