Arbatskaya Metro Station is a tricking spot for non-locals. The thing is, there are 2 stations of the same name on the present Moscow underground map. They are both located in the heart of Moscow, and the only way to distinguish one from another is to find out on which line are travelling: the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya of Filyovskaya (you have to be really careful, because one line is blue and the other is light blue).
The station on the Filyovskaya line was completed in 1935. It is one of the original Moscow Metro Stations with a pretty standard design. This station was damaged by the bomb during the WWII and should have been closed forever.
The other Arbatskaya built in 1953, the year of Stalin’s death, should have become its replacement. But the old station was reopened five years later, while the new one (on the blue line) became one of the world’s most beautiful stations representing the ‘Stalin’s Baroque’ style. Its walls and ceiling are adorned with glazed tiles, bronza chandeliers, and the perfect stucco ornamentation.